09 June 2009

Los Angeles, my Los Angeles VII

Fifth of the restaurant/food rounds: Zankou Chicken
This place isn't a must for me, but it's definitely good to get when the occasion arises. This is how Ms. Scheaffer, my 9th grade English teacher, described Zankou to me way back when:
"Zankou chicken is so moist, it can be pulled right off the bone. But the best part is the garlic butter that you dip every piece into. It's so garlic-y, it's great."
Oh, Ms. Scheaffer, you were great. While I don't think Zankou chickens are reliably moist, the garlic butter does make up for it. I'd consider this place a once-a-year treat.
Chicken, garlic butter, pita, meet my GI tract.
We went out for Tina's
bon voyage brunch. Greasy, messy, yummy... not quite like my living dynamic with Tina, but it'll do.
Mike got me the crunchiest falafel I've ever had.
I'm such a messy eater, my crumbs ended up everywhere: on the table, in the garlic butter, on Toni's face. Gosh, do I love Toni. :)

No comments: