09 June 2009

Bye-o, LA!

When I come back from the Bay Area, I'm usually saddened by the news of some local establishment's closing ("Wait, where'd the Morning Glory go?" "Davao Grill closed?!" "J.J. Video is no longer J.J. Video?! [well, it actually still is]). But there are certain constants down here that keep me in check and bring me home, over and over again.

This ten-day stretch in Los Angeles has been just what I've needed after this past semester. Spring '09 was filled with its ridiculous hurdles, absolute enjoyments, episodes of achievement, and bouts of distress. Regardless, they're all behind me, waving from the surface of battered driftwood. So Spring '09, as turbulent as you were, I'm pouring this 40 for you,

'cause great friends make things a-okay,
family (as symbolized by Abbey the Malti-Poo) is unconditional,
and some food is just too damn good not to be enjoyed.
This polite farewell is yours.
--
So folks, I'm on my way to Madison, Wisconsin for SEASSI! Convoluted Ponderings will be taking a nine-week vacation. The blog in its stead: Ponderings in America's Dairyland! [hahah.. yeah, I know..] See ya in August! ^_^

2 comments:

Corriendo said...

oo! have fun in wisconsin! i have some wisconsin food posts on my blog, but none were from madison. :/

Anonymous said...

:))))))! I love your plog!