07 June 2009

Los Angeles, my Los Angeles III

Third of the restaurant/food rounds: Fried tilapia from Temple Seafood Market

Honestly, nowhere else can beat Temple Seafood Mart's fried tilapia. 99 Ranch could only go so far... plus, I've never had a fish that was poorly fried or one that tasted a little old from this place. AND, my mom makes the best dip in the world- a simple garlic-vinegar-fish sauce concoction, which I've cited before. On my list of favorite foods/meals, this ranks as #1. No kidding.

*warning: photos with unappealing lighting*
Fried tilapia, fried catfish (!!!). Yes, they "Fry Free!"
Now, the best- and most comforting- way to eat this:
1. Wash your hands and prep for the dive
2. Take a piece of fish and dip in the sawsawan
3. With your fingers, clump some rice (for me, I usually do a little less than gumball-size) with the fish and pack together with your fingers. Proceed to push in your mouth with a well-coordinated thumb extension. =D

No comments: